NEWS AND DEVELOPMENT
- Elios Therapeutics, LLC recently received FDA approval of its Investigational New Drug (IND) application and its randomized phase IIb trial planned to enroll 120 stage III and IV (resected) melanoma patients to assess the ability of a personalized vaccine to prevent recurrence.
- Vaccine for Cancer Comes Closer to Fruition as Immunotherapy Pioneer Joins Orbis Health Solutions
- Buddy Long, president of Perseus PCI, the advanced cancer treatment center headquartered in the Cayman Islands, has announced the appointment of Dr. Sook Yin MD as treating physician and clinic director at the company’s Cayman Islands clinic.
- A US-based doctor and biomedical researcher who has developed a radiation and chemotherapy-free cancer treatment has opened a clinic in the Cayman Islands because, he says, the wait for the Food and Drug Administration's approval is years away.
- Clinical trials of a cancer vaccine for patients with a specific stage of melanoma have begun at Perseus, a Cayman company that specializes in personalized cancer immunotherapeutics (PCI) that treat solid tumors.
Immunotherapy Treatment for Cancer and Beyond
Orbis Health Solutions, LLC is a South Carolina based company located in Greenville, South Carolina. Orbis was started in late 2009 by Dr. Thomas Wagner, former director of the Greenville Hospital System Oncology Research Institute and the Clemson University Biomedical Institute and has acquired 50+ patents and technology resulting from his last 12 years of research. Over the past dozen years Dr. Wagner has developed highly successful therapeutic vaccines for the treatment of solid tumors and has brought this therapy to patients in four FDA sanctioned Phase I and II clinical trials. The marked success of these therapeutic vaccines is due to the unique manner in which each patient’s tumor proteins are introduced into the cytoplasm of their dendritic cells in order to induce a strong CD8 cytotoxic T lymphocyte (CTL) anti-tumor response.
Orbis is executing the commercialization of its vaccine platform technology through its subsidiary Perseus Holdings USA, LLC.